About the Kemp Mill Kangaroos
Kemp Mill is seeded in Division O of the Montgomery County Swim League (MCSL) for the 2016 season.
The Kemp Mill Kangaroos offer an inclusive, supportive environment to develop strong character. We focus on practice attendance, effort and supporting everyone, regardless of skill level.
Typical Weekly Schedule
A typical weekly schedule starts with practice. Each swimmer is expected to attend one practice session every day. During the first week of practice, coaches evaluate each swimmer's skills and assign him/her to the appropriate practice session. Come to any session the first week.
Our MCSL swim meets are our A meets. They are typically held on Saturday mornings (or rescheduled to another day) and are our more competitive meets. Coaches select the swimmers that can participate in the A meets. Since we have a small team, nearly everyone who is available can participate. We also arrange B meets with local pools, typically on Wednesday evenings (or Sunday mornings). Our B meets are open to everyone on the team and are less competitive. Coaches assign swimmers to events in B meets. Meets are held at our pool or the opposing team's pool, locations vary, but are announced before the beginning of the season.
- Mon: practice 4:30-5:15, 5:15-6:30, or 9-10pm
- Tue: practice 4:30-5:15, 5:15-6:30, or 9-10pm & Wed meet lineup available
- Wed: meet 5-9pm
- Thur: practice 4:30-5:15, 5:15-6:30, or 9-10pm weekend meet lineup available
- Fri: practice 4:30-5:15 or 5:15-6:30, or 9-10pm
- Sat: meet 8am-noon
- Sun: possible meet 8am-noon
Typical Summer Calendar
- registration opens April 1
- practice starts the day after Memorial Day
- Time Trials is on the Sunday before the first A meet, 8-11:30am
- 5 A meets, in June and July
- 3-5 B meets, in June and July
- Relay Carnival is on a Sunday in the middle of the season, 7am-1pm
- Kangaroo Awards Ceremony is on the Sunday (evening) after the last meet
- Six Flags trip is on the Monday after the last meet
- Divisional Championship meet is the Saturday after the last meet, 7am-1pm
- 'Roo Bay silent auction fundraiser is on a Sunday toward the end of the season
We are offering swim lessons again this year, instead of the Joeys program. Tollefson Swimming will offer lessons for swimmers of all skill levels.
Register now to be part of the summer excitement at Kemp Mill!